Artasan specializes in sales and marketing of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare products.
- Artasan works in partnership with several of the largest OTC and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world, as well as renowned healthcare product manufacturers. Artasan provides them with services relating to import, registration, distribution and sales & marketing.
Artasan distributes to pharmacies, health food stores, convenience stores, petrol stations, dentists, hospitals and nursing homes.
- The emphasis is on high-quality products, and each brand that the company represents enjoys a strong position with consumers. Marketing strategies are developed in close collaboration with manufacturers and each supplier receives exclusive attention.
- The company focuses on servicing its customers in the best possible way with efficient and targeted activities, constantly looking at ways of improving. In this way, we want to create a working environment that attracts qualified employees and enables our partners to reach their goals. This is done for the benefit of our customers, consumers, employees and owners.
Artasan aims to be the preferred partner in the Icelandic market for pharmaceuticals and healthcare products, as well as in the minds of customers, suppliers, employees and the community.
What we can do for your company
- Whether it is providing a sales force or marketing expertise, or taking care of imports, logistics and distribution, Artasan is the partner of choice for a range of companies that want to enter and increase their market share in the Icelandic market.
Our value proposition lies in providing expert knowledge of the local market conditions and excellent relations with customers in various segments, as well as providing specialized knowledge of regulatory affairs, and good relations with the authorities.
Our business model offers an effective and supportive infrastructure, rigid financial management and control measures and a partnership with our sister company Distica, a first class distribution company with a ISO9001 and GDP certified distribution and warehousing system.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we offer our partners a solid business relationship, where confidentiality and trust are paramount.
- Expert knowledge of the local market
- One stop shop for marketing and distribution in Iceland
- Go to market
- New product launces
- Brand building
- Category Management
- Key Account Management
- Designated sales representatives
- Excellent relations and access to customers in various segments
- Access to Key Opinion Leaders and influencers
- Providing specialized knowledge of regulatory affairs and good relations with the authorities
- Rigid financial management and control measures
- Inventory management
Bryndís Ragna Hákonardóttir
Helga Þóra Eiríksdóttir
Prior to taking on the position of Artasan’s General Manager, Mr. Gudmundsson was Marketing Manager of OTC medicine at Artasan. He has previously worked as a consultant at Accenture in London, England and as a Marketing Representative for Europe and Asia at ARRI in London, England. Mr. Gudmundsson sits on the board of directors of Federation of Trade & Services and Stoð hf.
Mr. Gudmundsson holds an MBA degree and a BSc in international marketing from Reykjavik University.
Board of Directors
Chairman of the board
Thoranna is the CEO of Veritas, Artasan's parent company. Mrs. Thoranna has recently worked as independent management consultant, e.g. for Alvotech, Marel and several public institutions. She has served in various positions at Reykjavik University, served as dean of the Department of Business from 2013-2016 and prior to that as senior executive director of strategy and operations. Thoranna served as Business Development Officer at the sister companies Veritas and Vistor in 2005-2008, she was the first General Manager of Artasan and one of the founders of Audur Capital. Thoranna has extensive experience of board membership, she is Chairman of the Board of Landsbref, a member of the board of Veritas since 2018 and prior to that, among others, served on the boards of, Krónan, Íslandsbanki and Lyfja. Thoranna holds a doctorate in business from Cranfield University, an MBA degree from IESE in Barcelona and a master´s degree in pharmaceuticals.
Jón is an experienced retailer and board member with over 25 years of experience of leading medium and large retail brands in the Scandinavian market. He is today, CEO of Origo. Jón has been a CEO for last 28 years, for both of the lager retailers in Iceland, Hagar and Festi, as well as being CEO for danish department store Magasin for a period of 7 years. Jon is a board member of e com business Boozt.com and chairman of Brauð & Co, a chain of local bakeries in Iceland.
Fjolvar Darri Rafnsson
Mr. Fjolvar Darri Rafnsson is the General Manger of Arro Investments ehf and the Chairman of Magna verslana ehf. Previously, Mr. Rafnson was the CFO of Moberg ehf from 2012-2016. He was the CEO and owner of Skifan Ltd from 2010-2012. From the year 2006 to 2010 he was CEO of Pharma Investment B.V., which was owned by Milestone and EBRD, which was focused on pharmaceutical investments in Eastern Europe. Before that he was assistant CEO of Dagur Group and CEO of Office1, 2004-2006. Mr. Rafnsson served as a Human Resource Director and Operational Manager at Lyfja during the years 2000-2004 and from 1999-2000 he worked at Capacent Iceland. Mr. Rafnsson also serves on the boards of various Icelandic companies. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Iceland.
These values serve as guiding light for our employees in their daily work.
Reliability means keeping promises and having integrity, professionalism and honesty as a guiding light. Our partners, suppliers, customers and community can trust what we say and promise and may rest assured that we obey laws and regulations that apply to our business.
Candor creates the foundation for an honest work environment. We give clear messages and say what´s on our mind in a tactful and constructive way. We want to activate as many opinions as possible and stimulate critical thinking. Getting straight to the point saves time.
Progress represents employees’ desire and endeavors to grow, develop and improve. We constantly strive to do better – a final solution does not exist. We are open to changes and innovation, we show initiative and challenge the present situation.
Veritas emphasizes transparency, integrity and morality in its business. It honors the values of the Company and its subsidiaries; Reliability, Candor and Progress.
The Company conforms to Guidelines on Corporate Governance published by the Iceland Chamber of Commerce et al. This includes guidelines on the adoption of rules that go a step further than required by the law and are intended to strengthen the Company’s infrastructure and the the community’s trust towards it.
The EFPIA Disclosure Code came effectively into force January 1, 2015. A collective decision has been taken that all disclosures are to be made the same day, June 30th 2016. Vistor is co-operating with Frumtök (the Icelandic Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry). Although Frumtök is not a formal member of EFPIA it acknowledges the Disclosure Code and fully implements it, as it has done with the EFPIA HCP code. This decision has been approved by Frumtök‘s board and discussed at Frumtök‘s members meeting with no objections.
In January 2013 the Federation of Trade and Services and the Icelandic Federation of Trade joint with Frumtök and signed an agreement with the Icelandic Medical Association, formally agreeing that the HCP code with future additions + local appendixes shall be the foundation of its interactions. What is especially positive is the fact that the Federation of Trade and Services and the Icelandic Federation of Trade signed it on behalf of their member companies, including Vistor, and consequently applicable to all MAHs serviced by these companies in Iceland. In fact, this means the whole pharma industry in Iceland has signed to use the EPFIA codes as a foundation for its interactions with health care professionals.
Each company will make its own decisions regarding its disclosures, but Frumtök has been in talks with both the Doctors Association and the National Hospital and there is a common agreement that Frumtök, plus the spokespersons for the two other bodies, will answer publicly for all matters related to the Disclosure Code.
Veritas is the parent company to several companies that provide supplies and services to the healthcare sector in Iceland. The group consists of operating companies focusing on their core competencies to service selected segments of the healthcare market.
- The role of the parent company is to handle all support services for its subsidiaries, such as financial management, IT services, human resource services, and marketing support.
- The leading sales and marketing company for R&D pharmaceuticals in Iceland, Vistor provides all local services ranging from marketing, regulatory affairs and clinical operations to distribution services.
- A specialized company in logistics, warehousing and distribution of pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, medical products and other products for the healthcare sector and laboratories in Iceland, with almost 60 years’ experience.
- MEDOR is a leading medical device and laboratory products distributor in Iceland.
Equal Pay PWC
Artasan was voted one of 5 best companies to work for in Iceland in a yearly nation-wide employee survey managed by VR, the commercial and office workers ‘union.
Strongest in Iceland 2016-2020
Corporate social responsibility